A QR code is a two-dimensional barcode that you can scan with a smartphone. When scanned, it takes the user to a specific website, video, or image. Businesses can also use QR codes in a variety of ways to connect with customers. Here are some of the best uses of QR codes to connect with customers :
1. Use QR codes on business cardsBusiness cards are a great way to promote your small business and connect with customers. You can add a QR code to your business card that takes the user to your website or social media page. This is a great way to introduce customers to your business and provide them with information about your company.
Creating a QR code for Your Facebook PageIn this example, we're going to link your Facebook page to a QR code:
- First, go to https://www.qrstuff.com/?type=facebook and have the “Facebook” data type pre-selected from the Data Type section.
- In the Content section, choose “Link to Facebook Page.”
- Next, enter the Facebook page ID. If you don’t know where to get your page ID, find out here: How to find your Facebook Page ID. In the example, we’ve used our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/qrstuff.
- Once you're done making the adjustments, wait for the QR code generator to finish processing. You can then save your business card QR code.
2. Use QR codes on promotional products and giveawaysPromotional products and giveaways are a great way to advertise your business. You can include QR codes on t-shirts, hats, coffee mugs, pens, etc. that take the user to specific information about your product or company. For example, if you are giving away a free t-shirt, you can include a QR code that takes the user to a website with information about the product. This is the best use of QR codes to promote your small business and connect with customers.
Creating a QR code for Website URLTo create a QR code for your product and giveaways, follow these steps:
- First, go to https://www.qrstuff.com/?type=websiteurl and have the “Website URL” data type pre-selected from the Data Type section.
- In the content section, paste the URL of the webpage related to your product into the required field.
- Once you're done making the adjustments, wait for the QR code generator to finish processing. After that, you can then save your QR code.
3. Use QR codes when launching a productUsing QR codes when launching a product can give you several benefits. Aside from sharing relevant information about your product, you can also get feedback from your customers. You can create a QR code that allows customers to leave a review or feedback about your new product. In this example, let's assume that you're gathering reviews using a Google Form. Before you proceed to create a QR code, you need to create a Google form that collects your customers' reviews. You can refer to this blog post as a guide on how you can create your Google Form. Once you're done, proceed to the similar steps in Creating a QR code for Website URL outlined in the previous subheading.
4. Use QR codes in advertising campaignsThere are several reasons why you might want to use QR codes in your advertising campaigns. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that they provide a way for customers to quickly and easily get more information about your product or service. A QR code can take them directly to a website, a video, or even a coupon. Doing this simplifies the process of explaining things about your brand or products to your customers. To provide information quickly using QR codes, you can create a QR code and link it to the website URL containing your advertising campaign. Just follow the steps in Creating a QR code for Website URL outlined earlier.
5. Use QR codes on social media platformsUsing QR codes to communicate with customers on social media can be a powerful tool for your business. It allows you to connect with people on the go and engage potential customers by sharing quick, helpful tips or exclusive discounts that can easily be scanned from a smartphone. The best content for this type of QR code is a video. You can link your promotional or informative video to get engagement from your social media page.
Creating a Video QR CodeHere's how to create a video QR code:
- First, go to https://www.qrstuff.com/?type=youtube and have the “YouTube” data type pre-selected from the Data Type section.
- In the content section, paste the URL for your YouTube video into the required field.
- Once you're done making the adjustments, wait for the QR code generator to finish processing. After that, you can then save your YouTube QR code.